It’s Cinnamon Doughnut weather! The air is crisp, the leaves have started to fall — and that means that NOW is the absolute BEST time to SELL! Check out my tips and recommendations below to prepare your home for this incredibly hot Fall Real Estate Market!
List Now in this Colorful Fall Market
Now is the time to list your home to show it in all it’s glory! The buyers that did not find a home in Spring and Summer are out there waiting for the perfect home to capitalize on the amazing rates. To beat out the competition and maximize your pool of buyers, I highly recommend listing your home in September or October for best results. This time of year is specifically popular because the weather is beautiful, the air is cooler and people are in autumn mode enjoying the gorgeous colors. I can help you stage your home and make it shine at this time of year.
Choose an Experienced Realtor
It’s important to find an agent who is experienced, trustworthy, and knowledgeable of your area and the current market. She will be able to assist you with professional photography, home staging, and marketing to sell your home for top dollar! Make sure to seek out an agent who is skilled in multi-media marketing, including: high-end home photography, video marketing, social media marketing, and traditional print exposure. The more eyes that see your property, the quicker your home will sell, and the more competitive your offers will be!
Consider asking your realtor the following questions:
- How many years experience do you have?
- How many sales did you close last year?
- How will you determine my home’s asking price?
- What steps will you take to increase my home’s appeal to potential buyers?
- What avenues will you take to effectively market my home?
- During what hours will you be responsive to my calls/texts?
- Can you provide references from your previous clients?
Learn more about my experience, personality, and capability by reading real client testimonials! Click below to see a compilation of my reviews, in which actual clients voice their opinion about my local knowledge, process expertise, responsiveness, and negotiation skills.
Ana Moniz’s Testimonials
Price Your Home Right
Once you’ve chosen a realtor who knows the market and your area well, you can trust her to guide you to an appropriate listing price. Right now is an incredible seller’s market and buyers are offering well over asking! In this market, you may be able to push your price point a bit higher than usual, but make sure not to overprice. Your agent will recommend a number that will get buyers in the door and create huge interest in your home. The competition will drive up your number and could net you quite a desirable sum!
Enhance Curb Appeal
First impressions are everything! Make sure that from the minute your potential buyers pull up to your home, they can envision themselves living there. Focus on visual aesthetics and pay attention to even the smallest details! Make sure to:
- Touch up paint on exterior walls, doors, shutters, and trim
- Put down new mulch and tend to flower and plant beds
- Keep the lawn freshly mowed, the trees and bushed trimmed, and any gardens manicured
- Wash windows inside and out
- Declutter the yard and the driveway. Remove any law decorations, art, furniture, pots, toys, etc.
- Clean the gutters
- Power wash the driveway and sidewalks
Spruce Up and Stage the Interior
It’s important to declutter, clean, and make any necessary repairs before listing your home. Always:
- Refresh any chipped paint on walls or moldings
- Paint walls with neutral colors, which appeal to the largest audience
- Declutter and organize shelves, countertops, tables, and floors
- Make all beds and keep sofa pillows and blankets tidy
- Dust and vacuum frequently
- Remove all personal effects (family photos, toys, sports memorabilia, books, etc)
- Organize the garage, basement, laundry room, and closets
- Make any necessary repairs to appliances, heating/AC systems, flooring, light fixtures, etc.
Once your home is clean and organized, focus on creating a welcoming environment! The following tips and tricks can make a big difference in how buyers view your home:
- Add a pop of color. Fresh fall flowers and colorful accent pillows make the room feel bright and inviting
- Maximize light. Open all shades and curtains, and add extra light fixtures if necessary
- Maximize your open space. Remove any excess furniture and belongings to give the appearance of extra square footage
- Play soft instrumental music with upbeat tune to set a positive mood
- Bake cookies or light a pleasant candle to make the home smell inviting
- Light the fireplace to give a feeling of warmth, or open the windows to give a refreshing cool breeze
Always consider seeking help from professional stagers to maximize your home’s appeal. If you list with me, I will provide the first appointment with a top-of-the-line stager, completely FREE of charge!
Please call me today at 201-247-6341 and I will be more than happy to send you a market analysis of your home. Or, simply click the link below and I can send you one online right now!
What is Your Home Worth in the 2021 Spring Market?
Don’t miss this absolutely fabulous Spring Market in Northern Bergen County!
Please feel free to reach out to me below anytime at all if you have any questions!
Ana Moniz, ABR – “I’ll Lead You Home” 💫
Lifetime Member of the NJAR™ Distinguished Sales Club
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage 50 Broadway, Hillsdale, NJ 07642
cell- 201-247-6341 | office – (201) 930-8820 Ext. 441 | e-fax- 201-781-6712
www.AnaMonizRealEstate.com | https://www.anamonizrealestate.net/ | AnaMonizRealEstate@gmail.com